Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Astrid Krogh


Astrid Krogh, Denmark-based designer, by TEXTILE DESIGNERS.

HINT: Fibre-optic textiles, the visual pulse of light.

"Krogh anchors her designs to new technologies by weaving lenghts of optic strands into iridescent tapestries that glow, illuminate and flare into a rainbow of brilliant colours. 'My work incorporate artificial light but they are not artificial light sources themselves. My work is mostly influenced by the daylight I see outside my window'. "

"Altought Krogh works with hi-tech materials, she relies on traditional techniques to craft her textiles. 'It is very important to me to be able to switch between old craft techniques and new technologies'."*

*from the book TEXTILE DESIGNERS, at the cutting edge. By Bradley Quinn.

No comments:

Post a Comment